the bodines, william shatner
Late night quick sketch; thoughts, charcoal, & paint
- Never go alone- bring a partner. Travel in pairs
- Before entering, ensure that someone not entering knows you are going in, and when you expect to be out
- Before entering, determine the cause of your mission- your mission objective. Bookcase? Couch? Oven? Meatballs? Figure it out
- Upon entering, locate The Path
- Do not disengage from The Path until you have reached your mission destination. Many have been lost forever to the wilds of IKEA by not obeying this. Very few are ever located again by the sparse store employees.
- Upon reaching your mission destination, you may disengage from The Path ONLY when accompanied by your partner (physical contact should be maintained- ie, holding hands, holding shirt sleeve, both holding an end of a rope, etc)
- When you disengage from The Path to acquire the data for your mission objective (ie, the item number for the bookcase, couch, meatballs, etc), it becomes your partner’s responsibility to maintain visual contact with The Path. Much like weeping angel statues, The Path will move if not actively being watched. This will strand you and your partner in the wilds of IKEA, so ensure you choose a partner wisely.
- Upon acquiring the mission objective data (ie the item number), navigate back to The Path. You may disengage physical contact with your partner once you have safely returned to The Path
- Do not leave The Path again. It will naturally end at the warehouse/stock section. This is a long, huge hall with many branches.
- At the entrance of the warehouse section, acquire a cart if necessary. Using your item coordinates, locate your mission objective. Do not leave the main hallway except for the branch where your item is located. Like The Path, the wilds of IKEA sometimes sneak up on travelers that wander the warehouse section
- Once your item has been loaded, head to the check out section. Do not touch anything in the boxes along the way. They appear to be full of candles or stuffed animals or useful kitchenware; it is a ruse. They are carnivorous.
- After checking out, exit to the loading area. Load your item, and leave.
- Do not look in your rearview mirror as you leave. It shouldn’t pursue you if you don’t look back.
I’ve never been to IKEA. I’ve heard things about the place, though. The one time I tried to go, in 2012, a shiny silver Mercedes played too rough with my car … and my spine. One day, I’ll try again and get to play in “the wilds of IKEA.”
I tinkered with my theme’s html (tecoyeah, you should be proud) . My tumblr looks prettier now.
Edit: I see that my brother, tecoyeah, hasn’t even posted anything on his blog. Probably because he’s busy doing life things. For now, he gets a free pass…he can ignore his younger sister who wants to play with him on the Internets.
Just a little thing that I made, because neuroatypical brains are beautiful and great, and neurodiversity is awesome!
THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!
Hey, Bart! Summer’s almost here. Which kind of sprinkler do you like? The one that goes like this? Or the one that goes like this? Oh, and there’s this one!
— My neighbor. Apparently, he’s with his favorite girl. He’s also having a beer and a smoke. He’s the sort of man who will call a friend “bro” before ending phone calls with them.
Japanese childrens book that features pop-up shapes to cast shadows for the reader to bring motion to its story - video embedded below:
This book is his second picture book that changes its shape depending on the environment.
I will begin to talk about the story and illustrations shadow falls on top of the page overlap. In this work, you can enjoy the animation of shadow phantasmagoric by you move the light. Trees and become bigger and bigger, which aims to train a distant star. Story that changes depending on the page falling shadows, shadows move around the top of the page.
Please enjoy the silhouette meaning and shape change in various ways.